Chess is a game that many people enjoy playing and learning. There are numerous benefits to playing chess, such as improved mental agility and cognitive skills, better grades in school, and increased confidence. However, it can be hard to motivate yourself to play more often when you have other commitments on your plate.
Do you find yourself having trouble finding the time to play chess? It is important that we set aside time for activities that are beneficial to our lives, but sometimes it can seem daunting. The following are some tips on how to motivate yourself to play more chess!
1) Identify what days of the week work best with your schedule.
2) Make sure you have a plan in place so other obligations do not interfere with your plans.
3) Use an app or website like Chessable because this will allow you to practice while away from home.
4) Find someone near you who plays and has a similar skill level so playing matches against them will keep things interesting and fun!
5) Start small – even if it’s just 10 per minutes